A brass manufacturer tag.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this in a high recovery area garden. Building collapsed in the location. It is embossed with Made by E Carver & Co, Bridgewater Mass. Possibly a Motorcycle vin number on the tag. Should I clean it? Thanks for looking. E Carver.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty neat. Don't know if you should clean it or not. Are you keeping it or selling it? Just curious, what does that top line read?

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Top line reads.
E Carvers Patent 1888 and 1844.
Not Gona sell it unless worth a lot.

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wrightdigger,
Great discovery on the cotton gin info. That info did not come up when i searched for E Carver. So now the patent numbers are patent dates not patent serial numbers. That made this a better find than first thought. Thanks.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You are welcome. I got lucky. I am thrilled you found such a historical piece! You should go back and see what else you can dig up.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I am at work surfing the internet on a real computer and I found the American Textile History Museum site with the following notice:

Important Notice
The American Textile History Museum has closed. As a courtesy, this online catalog will remain active through 2018. However, all collections have been transferred to other institutions:
The bulk of the ATHM Osborne Library: Cornell University Library. Contact [email protected].
Insurance maps: Osher Map Library.
Trade catalogs, trade sheets, and trade cards: The Henry Ford.
The remaining collections have been dispersed to museums and charitable organizations across the country. Please refer to the ATHM website for further information.

Bummer that the museum closed. But I also checked the website and you could research at Auburn University Libraries.

Future Homes of ATHM Collections | American Textile History Museum

Last edited:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a unique oldie, shes a beaut!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread