Plate Find...

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess it is my turn again! This is my first plate and one of only three. I dug it on a now developed portion of the battle of Chancellorsville. That are is really depressing since they are turning it all into golf courses and rich housing.

I got this along with tons of great bullets and artillery frags. Take a look at this. I have been in the Infantry for over 13 years now and when I dug this I was kind of shocked.

Take a look at the belt connecte next to the arrow hooks for the other side. Do you notice that it is bent all the way forward. If you can get past the fact that I almost cut this in half with my shovel you can see what I am talking about. This was dug on one of the tow or three ridgelines that the 5th Cav held of the Confederates while the yanks came up. I can just imaigine a trooper grabbing his buddy after he goes down back off the line and his belt giving out while he is dragging him.

This was found at about 2 1/2 inches in the deeps wood of VA. I also found some bullets that were burnt from the fire that ripped through the battlefield that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread