anyone hunted for CW relics in the Peachtree Creek battlefields area of Atlanta

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RhinosRelics

Dec 27, 2019
Staunton, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whiteā€™s XLT / Garrett Pro-Pinpointer..... several different coils ..
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greetings....Iā€™m new to this site .. been catching up reading older post- and yours is the first Iā€™ve responded to... born and raised in Atlanta ( Buckhead )... I moved to Va in 2007 . Started Relic hunting in ā€˜94.... Many of my friends I grew up with lived in the Pā€™tree ck area ( Colliers Rd / Howell Mill / Northside Dr / Piedmont HospitL area)... in fact, dug my 1st Minnie Ball in the yard directly across the street from Tanyard (Creek) Park, on Collier Rd.
My finds were mostly Bullets .. with an occasional shell fragment... Of course, I was new to the hobby ( as well as my detector ) So, Iā€™m sure I missed a lot of good stuff...I did most of my hunting out in Smyrna/ Mableton/Kennesaw Mtn /Dallas area....
Atlanta really boomed in 96 - when we held the Olympics ....thatā€™s why I started focusing hunting outside the city.. unfortunately now those sites are built on now.... Do you live in Atlanta? Have you detected Ptree Ck???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread