In the pines, where the sun never shines.

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following a 1911 topo map led me to a plot of pines next to a swamp. The old timers don't know of anything existing in these parts. The closest farmhouse has been pounded by detectors, which led me to explore the outer reaches of the property where another black dot is noted. Two hunts in and I'm feeling good about the area. There has to be much more to find. But I don't get my hopes up knowing there doesn't have to be anything else to find at all. But my curiosity keeps taking me back and seems a fine place to hone my relic hunting skills. Seems to be early 1800's relics. 3rd hunt of the site in a few days and I'm getting restless. 2 flat buttons, An odd piece of lead, a silver plated copper buckle piece and a M.W. and co.padlock.... 0104.jpg 0102.jpg 0103.jpg

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
......And you shiver when the Cold Wind Blows. Nice find of the relics. I really like the old lock and the ornate looking piece. Take your time in this area and Continued Success to you.

OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It was cold and windy today for sure! The padlock was made from 1860's to 1910. As far as I know the flat buttons are pre-civil war to my understanding. And how could I forget, my first escutcheon. I'd like to find the rest of the buckle. Sunday can't get here quick enough. I think I'm going to bring a rake with me so I can get a couple inches advantage in the irony hot spots. My deer hunting buddy found the padlock with my back up detector. It got him sucked right in to the hobby. He's probably shopping for a detector as I type this. It's good to be back in the game.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds looks like theres some good stuff to be gotten

OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hitting the fields since deer season ended. Went back in the pines for a bit and scored this dandy button next to what appears to be a cellar hole. 20190210_183438.jpg 20190210_183629.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool find gotta be more goodies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread