Help select Deepest detector for search relic

stolik333

Mar 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all users TreasureNet. I want to buy detector for relic ( roman silver/gold coins, celtic axes and middle ages relic) . Now I use Minelab Sovereign Elite, but in last 3- 4 month's not found nothing interesting (everywhere were before me) . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

Minelab GPX 5000
Whites TDI PRO/SL
Nexus Standart MP

or 50/50 choice

Blistool v6
Tarsacci mdt 8000
Minelab ctx3030

or Yours alternative's.

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for relic hunting? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

azdave

Dec 12, 2014
southern AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello... you may want to ask this up in the "metal detecting" or "brands" forums just above here, because they get a lot more traffic than this section. I don't have any experience with the models you mention so can't help there.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at some of the new analog machines coming out of Bulgaria. Particularly look at the golden mask 4wd or 5+ SE machines. They are multi tone, multi frequency, 12 volt units with wireless headphones.

They are relic monsters

The 5+SE even has iron volume.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... Minelab GPX 5000
Whites TDI ........

You can certainly replace your Sovereign with one of those high-powered pulse machines. And yes, you'd "go deeper". But the devil-may-be in the details. Because ....... heaven-help you if you get into search zones with lots of iron (nails).

Your Sov. will effortlessly reject nails & iron, right ? But you have 11" or 12" max depth on a coin with the Sov. right ? Perhaps 13 or 14" if you have the WOT coil on there. And yes, if you switch to a high powered beach or nugget pulse machine: Yes: You can add several inches of depth ! But you might be pulling your hair out, when the bells-of-notre dame ring on every staple, BB, bent nail, etc......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread