Old homestead

wilcam47

Dec 29, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found this old homestead out and about hunting. Its not on private property so basically abandoned. I havent really searched it much but all this metal detecting stuff got me wondering more about the old homestead. Usually hunting I dont have time to look for stuff so I just scan and go. But I noticed I couldnt find the dump site. Well this past week me and a neighbor found a dumpsite. It was about 100' from the homestead. Some old cans and an old kettle were clues to the dump location. I found the top of an old stove also. Couple old bottles that a tree had basically pushed up as it was growing. We havent dug much into it so who knows how much or if its been raided before. The one bottle we found was a Hinds honey and almond cream so I'd assume there was a woman there;) The bottle dates to approximately 1930 which is about the same for the cabin. I found an old shovel and burn barrel behind the cabin. Now snow is starting to pile in so prob wont be till spring thaw before I can get back out there.

20191224_153852.jpg 20191224_152401.jpg

OP
OP
W

wilcam47

Dec 29, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on what kind of stove this top is from? Ive been searching but havent found a match.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a promising site, good luck! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice place to prospect. Good luck.

OP
OP
W

wilcam47

Dec 29, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt theres any big $$ but i like bottles so any i find will be cool

OP
OP
W

wilcam47

Dec 29, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so got bored and decided to hit the log house dumpsite again. Found a vicks bottle, 2 ornate cast iron legs, and this piece. What I think happened at some point the ran a skid trail through there and this is why the bottles and stove is scattered on the bank...the stove is prob 25' from where the old cans and bottles are. I did find a spring from a sleeping bed, and an old leather belt or strap from a saddle. hard to tell but Im surprised it lasted that long. This was found without a metal detector so Im curious to what that will pick up and where.

https://twstatic.net/attachments/20200108_155801-jpg.3728160/

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool I would be all over that place could very well be a stash there. Get rippin my friend. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread