Waiting For Permission: 1859 Court House... SUCCESS!!!!

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Well, I fired off a nice letter to the construction company that now owns a plot right around the corner from my house.? It apparently was the county court house in 1859-1860 and was also a church, parsonage and private residence over the years. They leveled the remaining building a few months ago and now there is an empty dirt lot awaiting some sort of restoration and beautifing later this summer.? I explained my desire to search such a historically rich area, offered an explanation of my procedures and also offered to keep them advised of any relevant finds with the local historic society having dibs on anything that should rightfully go on display.? Here's to hoping, I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Re: Waiting For Permission: 1859 Court House

Good luck on obtaining permission, it sounds like a great spot!

vicki

OP
OP
KevGA

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
I received a very nice phone call from the owners this morning and was told it would be no problem at all to search the area. I just have to give them specific times due to a locked gate, but the gentleman had absolutely no reservations at all. I'm going to use the next week for research at the central library to try to look at some old photos and get some perspective on location at the site, then hopefully hit it for the first time next week.

Omni, I'll be in touch!

Woo-hoo!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WTG. Congrats on the permission. Can't wait to see what pops out. You might even want to check if they hauled off any soil and location for when you can't get on the property. HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Grat,s to you Kev,wish you luck on your search and even better on the digs.look forward to your finds.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread