Missing Airplane? Machinery? Farming, logging? Welcome any insight on these finds!

AmericanGeode

Nov 23, 2020
Cleveland, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are there please? I think I could have dug up more. Should I continue searching in this area?
Thank you for ideas, insight, and advice. Should I continue hunting around there? Wish I was finding coins! Thank you very much for any insight and expertise.
IMG_6209.JPG IMG_6210.JPG IMG_6211.JPG IMG_6212.JPG IMG_6214.JPG IMG_6216.JPG IMG_6226.JPG IMG_6227.JPG

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t think airplane, won’t find much iron, if any, in the construction of aircraft

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last two photos look like a section of brake cable assembly that one would from an auto.(so I'm going with buried scrap auto parts)
Just about every part of an airplane is constructed from some non-ferrous metal. (Aluminium, Titanium, Stainless)

To answer your question whether you should keep detecting around there?

Well why are you there in the first place homestead/farm/factory/etc....?

Move away from that area a tad and see what else is in the area.
I don't know much about your machine-but I do know this from running detectors for 5 decades is when I go over something like you have posted it will pick it up no problem.

Find out how big the item is-using pinpoint mode/lifting coil up off the target is another way.
Now the thing is if it's the size of a bread box that pretty well tells be that it's not a small object like a coin, or anything dropped-more like tossed.
If the coil is still picking it up a foot or two above the target well it pretty well says it's pretty substantial in mass.

Heavy thick iron will fool the detector at times, axe heads, horse shoes, old cast iron pot/kettle pieces, but over time one learns the sounds/numbers of those also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread