Hachita NM

B

billder1

Ghost Town Of The Old Southwest

Closest Walmart 60 miles!!

Once a busy mining concern called Old Hachita, started in the 1870's, the town became New Hachita, a Railroad-Mining town, when the mines people moved east, two miles closer to the railroad, in 1901.? As time progressed, the mines at Old Hachita became defunct, but not before, or right around the same time, that a United States fort/camp of decent size called Camp Shannon was installed to quell the Pancho Villa problem. 1914 or so that was.? Here is a link about some cool tokens from Camp Shannon (NOT YE-E-E-T BUT SOON...):

http://www.huntel.com/~artpike/hachit12.htm

I like metal detecting so much that I moved to this ghost town because it is in many ways a metal detecting treasure hunting relic acquiring situation par excellence.? Plus the mountains are nice, its quiet out here, and I get stories like RTS and Annies Game accomplished, which is way cool.? Have not found the UFO wreck yet but getting warmer...ooohhh thats a bad description there, am not uptight not unattractive turn me loose tonight i am radioactive the firm paul rogers jimmy page i think it was...wow how did i get down this rabbit trail and how do I get back?

ok. Here is a link about the first coin? I found here at this end of town where I live:

http://www.luxefaire.com/coin1/index.html

I had found other coins around town as I familiarized myself with this situation initially, and as I was directed with many hints from different planes to be here, now.? That was a survival thing methinx.? This is kind of a reward.? I have been working very hard.? Light Happens. So I get to go out now of an evening, on my walks, and hunt big areas of land that have been inhabited for many years, and whatever came here, generally stayed here, and the place has not been hunted, like i hunt, b4.?

Hopefully the attached will show a pix of a part of a case with the 1915 era Military buttons which I find many of, the tent grommets, bullets and clips, marbles, toys, box locks, and all kinds of other stuff too.? Have found Indian Head cents, Indian Head Nickels, Barber Dimes, and wheat cents so far, early all, so thats nice too.? Having Fun.? Will write more as better things are recovered.? Setting up to process ores for creation of concentrates, and refractory refinery, and perhaps even rudimentary small-time electrolytic refining and then again maybe not we'll have 2 c about that.? Experimenting with crystalline generated coherent light, as well as energy producing desalinisation schemes.? Fun fun....thanks for taking the time to check this out, the pix of the mountains is out my front door.....b

Attachments

• PDRM9780.JPG
    PDRM9780.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 833

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
WOW! A detector's dream! Keep us posted with your finds. I just love relics!

vicki

PS....didn't see any pic with mountains.

OP
OP
B

billder1

hey thanx vicki here is that pix take care tell le mouse I said HIGH! still got his ears done up in power lines over there off I-4? <snort>!

hope pix comes out

b

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,119

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Good job I know that area somewhat, Have you ever been to Anton Chico? Ok I know didn't spell it right but it's the place where the legend of the no nail stairs in the church ...you heard of it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread