Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some research on my Neckerchief that I found, its from 1949!!!! I found it in a swampy section of the camp site. Probably been in the mud ever sense!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Membership during the year is 2,579,515.

William C. Wessel, director of Cub Scouting, died. Gerald A. Speedy was named the director, and in November Marlin Sieg was named as assistant director. The age levels for Cub Scouting were changed to 8, 9, and 10 with boys entering Boy Scouting at 11 years of age. A re-study of the achievement program was ordered. At the end of its 20th year, Cub Scouting pierced the million mark for the first time with 1,142,079 boys registered and 317,057 pack leaders, a 25 percent gain in enrollment.

The crusade to "Strengthen the Arm of Liberty" was inaugurated in February. A dramatic ceremony was held at the base of the Statue of Liberty.
Age levels were lowered: Boy Scouting, 11 through 14; Exploring, 14 and up.

The manual on citizenship was published. New procedures for physically disabled boys were adopted. Troop advancement procedures were emphasized.

Five hundred forty-three councils owned 831 campsites with 288,545 acres, at an estimated value of $10,525,731 in land and $17,436,306 in equipment.

The National Council held its 39th annual meeting in Boston.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2375256306_4f0f274776_b.jpg

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If I'm not wrong, this was an attempt to literally "strengthen the arm of Liberty" with Boy Scout troops selling small versions of the Statue of Liberty around the country to raise money for renovations of the statue.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find,

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread