A forge made by Champion Blower & Forge Co.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came by this for sale this week. Lady say's $225.00 and I can load it up. Told her it's got some issues, like the pan is all but rusted away. She says she got it 30 minutes ago and there's a man who buys all the forges she finds at a price in the range she has on this one. So there! take it for $225.00 or keep walking... It is true that she's had several forges out for sale over the last few month I've stopped by her place and there all gone now... The blower works well IMO and I was thinking I'd like a winter project to play around with, as I liked how Diesel Ram fixed up that old Buffalo forge. Just wondering if her price is worth it on this one :dontknow:

Attachments

• forge 1.jpg
    forge 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 469
  • forge 2.jpg
    forge 2.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 1,400
  • forge 3.jpg
    forge 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 389
  • forge 4.jpg
    forge 4.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 494

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this. I do not know if it is worth it. My brother built his own forge. They are lots of fun.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this. I do not know if it is worth it. My brother built his own forge. They are lots of fun.
Not sure TN-M, I saw it again this last week. The blower works well IMO. The pit's a mess and would most likely need to be completely reconstructed. Thanks for the reply.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until now. Did you end up buying it?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until now. Did you end up buying it?
In review of old post I just came across your reply. I haven't purchased it and I did see it still there just yesterday. I offered the old gal $150. for it and she got a laugh out of my offer of that. She wants $225. for it. She's been in the antique market for many years and is clearly not pressed to budge on almost all her pricing.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
In review of old post I just came across your reply. I haven't purchased it and I did see it still there just yesterday. I offered the old gal $150. for it and she got a laugh out of my offer of that. She wants $225. for it. She's been in the antique market for many years and is clearly not pressed to budge on almost all her pricing.
Do you have any pictures?

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw this post, and I know I'm way late, and I haven't priced any forges for a long time, but all you are buying would be the blower, and I think that's way to spendy.
She certainly wants that forge way more than I would. Well, not necessarily only the blower, I reckon that box was supposed to hold fire bricks, and probably wouldn't take
to much work to restore. I don't know if you want the forge because it's an antique, or to rebuild and play with, but it seems to me for even $225 it's a tad bit on the high side.
You could build a forge using a truck wheel with an electric blower for less than that. Friend of mine has a natural gas forge he made himself, and he welds damascus using it.
When I was shoeing horses many moons ago, good coal was hard to get out here on the west coast, and that could be more of a problem now. It would be fun to have a
forge though. I guess you noticed I'm just sort of rambling on. Couldn't sleep, so I'm up early and certainly not the brightest bulb in the bank right now.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just saw this post, and I know I'm way late, and I haven't priced any forges for a long time, but all you are buying would be the blower, and I think that's way to spendy.
She certainly wants that forge way more than I would. Well, not necessarily only the blower, I reckon that box was supposed to hold fire bricks, and probably wouldn't take
to much work to restore. I don't know if you want the forge because it's an antique, or to rebuild and play with, but it seems to me for even $225 it's a tad bit on the high side.
You could build a forge using a truck wheel with an electric blower for less than that. Friend of mine has a natural gas forge he made himself, and he welds damascus using it.
When I was shoeing horses many moons ago, good coal was hard to get out here on the west coast, and that could be more of a problem now. It would be fun to have a
forge though. I guess you noticed I'm just sort of rambling on. Couldn't sleep, so I'm up early and certainly not the brightest bulb in the bank right now.
Right now forges and blowers are going for BIG money. I think eBay has a lot to do with the current prices. This is why I sold mine as I got $450 for it and as you say a truck brake drum makes an excellent forge for practically free. Its the anvils that are really hard to get. I finally got a 100 +# peter wright and gave only $100.00 for it. At that price you could say I stole it. Same as the forge I bought from the same guy. I paid $60.00 for it and spent maybe ten bucks in supplies to fix it up. I made good money on that deal! Lol

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread