Best repair method for stoneware jug

NOLA.river.rat

Apr 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone assist on how I should make this repair? 2ton epoxy? Elmer's? IMG_20190331_173259609.jpeg

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find of the jug. Well Done.

OP
OP
NOLA.river.rat

NOLA.river.rat

Apr 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome!!! Do you want black glue or clear? I have so black glue that works on anything.

I love that jug
Thanks Truth! I didn't even think about the color. Maybe I can put some black die in the 2 ton epoxy. I'm guessing it held some strong whiskey :). It will make some good mancave decor

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use gorilla glue two part epoxy on fixes like this....it is permanent and great for uncomplicated restorations like yours.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Truth! I didn't even think about the color. Maybe I can put some black die in the 2 ton epoxy. I'm guessing it held some strong whiskey :). It will make some good mancave decor

I use this and it is fantastic. I believe it comes in white or clear as well IMG_0012.jpg

sonofdust

Jan 30, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mix a little charcoal in the glue for color ?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Michaels or look at their web site for china repair. Forgot to ask the lady what the name was but she offered to repair a ceramic vase for me with this stuff. Asked her how she got the cracks to blend so well (you couldn't see them without magnification) She told me it was a special technique. When I pressed her she said, "I just finessed them with a little spit." Also, she took some scrapings off the bottom, ground them to powder and mixed with the glue to fill a spot that the piece got lost.

I've used this Remodeling Your Kitchen Should You Get A Dishwasher Mesmerizing Tips - ramcet.com# for chips on cups etc. Believe it or not you can color match it with sharpie pens. I'll ask her the name of the stuff next time I see her. You should be able to find it at Michaels.

OP
OP
NOLA.river.rat

NOLA.river.rat

Apr 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Michaels or look at their web site for china repair. Forgot to ask the lady what the name was but she offered to repair a ceramic vase for me with this stuff. Asked her how she got the cracks to blend so well (you couldn't see them without magnification) She told me it was a special technique. When I pressed her she said, "I just finessed them with a little spit." Also, she took some scrapings off the bottom, ground them to powder and mixed with the glue to fill a spot that the piece got lost.

I've used this Remodeling Your Kitchen Should You Get A Dishwasher Mesmerizing Tips - ramcet.com# for chips on cups etc. Believe it or not you can color match it with sharpie pens. I'll ask her the name of the stuff next time I see her. You should be able to find it at Michaels.
Thanks Boogey! There is a Michael's right around the corner from my house. I'll check em out. That would be nice to not see the repair crack

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Writing or no writing, that jug is a keeper.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Will look really cool in the old man cave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread