Beat up estate find. Late 1950s/early 60s Swiss Automatic Zodiac Watch Restored.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this at an estate sale for under $100. Looks like glass got smashed up and it ended up spending most of its life in a drawer because the gold plating has almost no ware through/brassing. The case back has only very very light scratches. Guilloché dial is great except for some minor staing from the old lume compound which had fallen out. In day light it is barely
noticeable. Took it all apart myself and got the hands replated and some fresh lume. Replaced the band, the crystal and the hands myself last night. For about the price of a decent bottle of tequila in parts/ gold plating and lume I'd say it looks pretty good. Probably going to have to get it serviced by a watch maker. Keeps ok time but has been sitting a long time. I collect Zodiac watches and Zodiac Glorious models. This nice these usually go around $300 to $350. Design is very reminiscent of the Universal Geneve polerouter with its two piece dial. The outer ring separates from the dial and is held by a tab a 3 o clock position on hne under dial. Mid grade as1361 movement and original Zodiac logo crown.
20210511_204138.jpg
20210512_124552.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread