Pre Revolutionary War knife

bubblehead

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2008
Fletcher, NC
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
This is not a recent find but with all the brain power out here, I figured this forum would be the best. Location of find was our back yard in Morris Plains, New Jersey back in the mid '50's. I've had the knife pretty well authenticated as period correct. I have contacted their local library, DAR, historical society and a few other organizations there but no one can come up with a definate place I could find records going back to 1740. My curiosity is about who H.H.T. might have been. Wondering if he might have owned the property over 200 earlier. The (available) census and tax records don't go back that far. I'm sure I could spend a good chunk of change to pay someone to research this but I waste my money on sillier things like food and rent....... :thumbsup: I know Morris county was previously Hunterdon county. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays to all...

Attachments

• old knife.jpg
    old knife.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,257
Upvote 0

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Great knife. Most colonial maps would list the name of the property owner, that is if you can find one for that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread