Post A Picture(s) Of Your Best American Revolutionary War Era Find

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a bunch of musket balls at various Rev War sites but nothing too, too interesting. My best find from the era is a KG III counterfiet copper (1775)

Attachments

• copper 2_2.jpg
    copper 2_2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,918
  • copper 2_2.jpg
    copper 2_2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,546
  • copper 1_22.jpg
    copper 1_22.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,703
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
pjroo33 said:
I've found a bunch of musket balls at various Rev War sites but nothing too, too interesting. My best find from the era is a KG III counterfiet copper (1775)

Very nice and I'm glad to see you didn't strip off the patina.

I've had a few of these in the past that I bought off ebay. Back a couple years ago they brought some pretty big money.

Badger

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
There's something odd yet comfortable about the image of the gravesite with the old iron fence yet the little modern lock on it.

A simple fence like that would never really keep anyone out who really wanted to get in there. Yet the little shiny modern lock reinforces the idea of something being protected. Even that could easily be snipped with a bolt cutter. But still.

Here lies George Washington. Like him - the school child's notion of father of our country OR hate him - slave owning pride swollen overly ambitious politician, we're still talking about him after all these years. The ancient and the new. The old gate and the new lock. Ideas still exist and are protected by what Mr. Washington and the thinkers around him set forth long ago.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The world George and his contemporaries lived in is long gone never to be again.

I've been over all the recorded statements/letters/messages of our "founding fathers" many times.

What they warned could happen to America has happened. Although I think they'd be amazed we have lasted this long.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Found this G.W Button this fall......

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_5560_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5560_1_1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,585
  • IMG_5337_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5337_1_1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,733

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Found this G.W Button this fall......

VPR

Great button!!! Hopefully I'll find one in the future. I can always dream :thumbsup:

The_Rake

Nov 24, 2008
Just came across your post. I found this button in PA. It is only 1 of 3 ever found. Worth approx. 25K. The button is in the Washington Chapel in Valley Forge, PA.
TheRake

The_Rake

Nov 24, 2008
Ooooooops....forgot to attach the picture....sorry :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Attachments

• USAfront.jpg
    USAfront.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 2,458

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
The_Rake said:
Just came across your post. I found this button in PA. It is only 1 of 3 ever found. Worth approx. 25K. The button is in the Washington Chapel in Valley Forge, PA.
TheRake

How did your arrive at that value? ???

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Royal Irish Artillery, Cartridge Box Sling, Belt Tip. Found Aug. 2008. Circa 1777. There are 3 full, British Royal Artillery, cartridge boxes known. 1 in the Royal Artillery Museum, Woolwich London England. 1 in Charleston SC Museum. 1 in "private" hands. There were also a couple of tips dug at the Saratoga NY Battle Site. This is the ONLY Known Example of a "Royal Irish Artillery....... Tip". I'll post the "appraised" value when I come back from "The Antiques Roadshow", June 6th, in Atlantic City NJ. :thumbsup: Hogge

Attachments

• sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,408
  • sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,331
  • ja06^001.jpg
    ja06^001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,209

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
hogge said:
British Royal Artillery, Cartridge Box Sling, Belt Tip. Found Aug. 2008. Circa 1777. There are 4 full cartridge boxes known. 1 in the Royal Artillery Museum, Woolwich London England. 1 in Charleston SC Museum. 1 in National Army Museum, West Point. 1 in "private" hands. There were also a couple of tips dug at the Saratoga NY Battle Site. This is the only other one known. I'll post the "appraised" value when I come back from "The Antiques Roadshow", June 6th, in Atlantic City NJ. :thumbsup: Hogge

Keep in mind two of the military appraisers/dealers on ARS are close buds/business associates with a major collector of these items.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vonrall said:
hogge said:
British Royal Artillery, Cartridge Box Sling, Belt Tip. Found Aug. 2008. Circa 1777. There are 4 full cartridge boxes known. 1 in the Royal Artillery Museum, Woolwich London England. 1 in Charleston SC Museum. 1 in National Army Museum, West Point. 1 in "private" hands. There were also a couple of tips dug at the Saratoga NY Battle Site. This is the only other one known. I'll post the "appraised" value when I come back from "The Antiques Roadshow", June 6th, in Atlantic City NJ. :thumbsup: Hogge

Keep in mind two of the military appraisers/dealers on ARS are close buds/business associates with a major collector of these items.
EXCELLENT ADVICE. It is in my thinking if they make me an offer. Thanks

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
vonrall said:
hogge said:

EXCELLENT ADVICE. It is in my thinking if they make me an offer. Thanks

What did they say the appraised price is? Just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread