Battle of White Plains, Oct. 1776

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on the actual trenchline used by American's under Washington's command, during the battle of White Plains. My bedroom is less than 100-yards from the monument below. I am working to gain official permits to search City-owned land with metal detectors and sifter-rigs, to look for artifacts of the battle. I recently found another musket ball after a sidewalk was torn up and repaired near Battle Hill, which I plan on giving to the Historical Society here in town.

I have some support on the Common Council, and I am looking for detectorists from White Plains, and the surrounding communities, that would DONATE their finds to the City of White Plains, during the proposed hunts. The finds would be attributed! Please email your name and phone number to me at [email protected]

We are looking at September, early October, as a possible window for these hunts. - Thank You!

Attachments

• wpmotar.jpg
    wpmotar.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,619
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank's for all the responses! It is Election Day here in White Plains. I should know if we will have a go in about two-weeks. In the mean time, here is something I put together on the Battle of White Plains, in 1776. Let me know what you think. I made it for a 7th Grade American History class.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread