4.5 cannon ball from wR OF 1812

mattmatt100381

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4.5' cannon ball from wR OF 1812

a few years back i was digging a post hole in my uncles back yard. when i found about 2 1/2 3 feet down a 4.5 inch cannon ball compleat with what looks to be a hole in it. i dont want to mention where it was but lets just say it was very close to the canada U.S border. i left it with my uncle for about 9 yrs or more and have now been givin it back

i am looking for a few things details on what its worth, how to clean off the dirt and such on it and pretty much anything else i need to know about this item. i am new to this all so please no misleading information would be great.

i dont know if id like to hang on to this item yet or sell it as it is pretty exciting to know i dug up a piece of canadian history and am artifact from such a historic war period

so if any one here would be so kind as to help me out please do

thanks in advance
respectfully
matt

Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,
Congrats on your find. If you can take some pictures of the item, multiple angles, and of the hole and show a ruler or something for size comparrison
And then post it on the whats it forum, The Cannonball Guy watches that forum, And has about 38 years of experience on Artillary projectiles He will see your post and tell you all you want and need to know about it. Again, congrats........................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread