curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here's a pair of some kind of swords....real? They're heavy, solid & interesting looking....the pictures on them don't match exactly like a "stamped" type of thing, so don't know really much about them, anyone know something? DSCN2290.JPG DSCN2293.JPG DSCN2292.JPG

Upvote 0

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scabbard tip says العدل اساس الملك (in Arabic). Unfortunately my Arabic isn't that good, but I'm pretty sure it says "justice is the basis of the king," or "justice is the king's foundation," or something to that effect.

They look like decent tourist prizes to me. I've certainly seen uglier ones. Fun decorative items, but not worth much.

Where did you pick them up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Ammonhotep, that's interesting about what it says! I thought maybe they were just for décor, don't look real/old. They came from my husbands side of the family, from some aunt I think? Like the T.S. Eliot quote!

steif

Mar 2, 2007
I would have these checked out by a REPUTABLE and knowledgable sword dealer. These could be worth a lot, or just a little. They look like Turkish Kilij swords, and not lower quality ones as well these look to be of pretty good quality.
They could be tourist blades for sure, made for the tourist markets, but they look to me like they were made to use, and are of better quality than the normal ones I have seen.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steif,

Look up some real examples. You'll see that those belonging to the OP are clearly decorative items.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Kat, but they are tourist grade, not very old, and as stated above, "wall hangers".

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah that's what I was thinking..... thanks guys for all of the input! :cat: