1776 2 reale!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Recently got onto a great colonial homesite that saw some late civil war action. My first 1700s silver came from this site and it was a 1798 8 reale (see previous thread for picture.) I got out for about an hour before dark. I was walking back to my bicycle (I live that close to the site) when I got a nice signal. I had discrimination on minimum so it could've been anything. I turned the discrimination to iron and it repeated still. I popped the plug and was feeling blindly around in the dirt (the sun had set) and felt what I thought was a button. I wiped the dirt off and saw that familiar face. I was staring into the face of a 1776 2 reale!!! I was so happy and freaked out. I found it about 15 feet from the 8 reale. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

image-3285008222.jpg

image-2479953276.jpg

Upvote 0

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great year....!, Something happened right around that time, I just can't recall it....

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Reale Nice! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread