Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Posted this in what is it. Also figured I would post it here. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't have the sword in my possession and I don't own it. Just helping an elderly lady.

Long story short. I visited a dying patient at their house today to see if any adjustments were needed in her meds and she asked me if I wanted to see an old sword. Of course, I said yes. She states that this sword was carried by a solider who followed Washington around during the Rev. War. She has names of people it has been passed down through but no real providence. I told her I would take some pics and find out if this was possible. "If it is...we found an answer to your financial problems." The original owner is supposed to be Louis Bogner. He was taken Prisoner at Long Island. Later released and present at Brandywine and Yorktown. The sword was then willed to Orrin Bogner...and so fourth and so on.

IMG_1682.JPG IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome!!!

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Googled name of sword and one for sale came up that was made by the maker on the sheath in 1821. Seems possible the story is real

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
Looks like a British Pattern 1796 Light Cavalry saber. Not Revolutionary war era sorry to say, but still a very nice item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread