Trying to get my Historical society off the ground...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My name is Darry Galloway, aka "Possum" or "D" and I have recently founded a Non-Profit society called "Indian Creek Historical Society" which is registered as a Non-Profit organization through the state of Louisiana, Department of Revenue as well as the federal Internal Revenue Service.

We are a free membership society dedicated to the research, recovery, preservation, and education geared towards our children. As well as our young and older adults in an attempt to teach them through hands on historical education of our history from as early as the revolutionary war, War of 1812 and the Civil War.

The only requirements we ask of potential members are; if you are hunting under the ICHS “insignia” all historical finds shall be photographed, logged and restored as best as possible. They are your finds but they need to be available for educational display. Most importantly we never sell any relics we recover while acting under the ICHS “insignia”. We also encourage membership in the “National Trust for Historical Preservation” as well as the “FMDAC”

We base our society on a strong code of ethics, honesty, professionalism and the will to educate our future generations as to what our history was really like and not what is being taught today in our school systems.

Our goal is to obtain a mobile trailer or permanent structure with display cases, educational media and literature. Basically, the trailer will be a mobile museum to display at schools, church youth group meetings or any other events to show our history. At this present time, we are hauling tables and displays in the bed or our trucks. Children and adults alike are in awe when they can actually hold a piece of the Civil War or war of 1812 military relic / artifact(s) and hear the history associated with it.

As mentioned above we do not collect any membership fees. Thus far all metal detectors I loan to children, adults and property owners at functions were bought by me. Video equipment and editing software, just to name a few items, I have purchased personally. It’s my honest intent to try to get people involved in metal detecting and preserving our history themselves for future generations.

I hope whoever receives this letter will do so with an open heart and consider helping our cause. I reiterate we are a non-profit organization. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or email me. Thanks for reading, take care and bless you all!!!

Darryl Galloway

Founder/ CEO
Indian Creek Historical Society
Phone: 985-205-0960
Fax: 985-839-5528
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What an awesome and worthwhile endeavor..
Count me in..

Thanks Buck, Hopefully I'll be able to secure some permissions around Port Hudson after deer season so I can replenish my relics that were mysteriously lost during my divorce. Without relics and other historical artifacts to use during our presentations my Ideas may die before I can get them started... "D"

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds great.
I may be able to help in that I have a friend from St. Gabriel that has some contacts in PH, and has been promising to take me out there.
After Deer season will be a good timeframe. It be great to get together with a few of the Regional Guys and hunt some relics as well. Regardless of where.
Been wanting to hunt with you and D. for a while now, and that would be a great excuse to do so.
Happy New Year..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread