Cornwallis Gold/Treasure?!?!?!

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Re: Cornwallis' Gold/Treasure?!?!?!

Yo! Rebel here: ;D (still stuck in "time-warp"...) Thanks, Jeff! Reading a book by DAR - "Bedford Villages - Lost and Found"... Pg. 108 "Most of the merchants were of Scottish descent, and most were Tories"... LGA! East Bedford County was Tories-land! :o they even had a "whipping post"... in New London (old capital of Bedford County, Va. to FLOG EM! HA! Now, we know why the Brits wanted to hide the treasure(s) up here... TORIES! HA! ::)

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300

Hey everyone... I heard there is Cornwallis's treasure buried in Davidson county!! Anyone heard anything about it? Who feels like digging up the county with me? ::)

;)

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2

Man you guys are funny! ;D

I look at it this way. If a person does the research, spends hours and hours finding markers, clues, or whatever and eventually finds the rumored treasure then it belongs to him to do with as he /she pleases. How is this stealing or looting if no one else wants to do it. However if you or a organization comes out of nowhere and starts screaming that it belongs in a museum or what have you and tries to seize it from the person who has done all the research and backbreaking labor to finally recover it then you, not them are the thief. Thats my opinion and as a card carrying American citizen I'm entitled to that opinion.

On the flip side of the coin if I were to recover something of historical value then I would donate it to a museum myself, but then I am a history buff and believe everyone should enjoy what once was lost. Again just my opinion.

Good luck on you search and if you find it then I say it belongs to you to do with as you see fit.

HH!!!!!

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

AnnBrownlee said:
Maybe you can find the Golden Fleece and Aladin's Lantern, while you're at it.

:)

Go hug your dirt lady. Maybe with all this rain we've had....it will wash you and your precious relics out of the state. ::)

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004

while cornwalis can not be proven to have been in davidson county, some of the soldiers of his army were not only in davidson county, they were on abbots creek......this can be proven by records available to the public and these records are also in NORTH CAROLINA...........while researching things i have found it best to forget the printed histories for the most part, as most are just rehashes of ones before it,,,,,,when you take the time to go through archives and special collections, locating certain diaries, and spend many hours figuring out what is written with the quill, you find out all the good, and most truthful information there is....people writing to themselves have not much reason to lie, blow things out of preportion, or just copy what the last writer on the subject wrote........gldhntr

ifitshistory

Greenie
Oct 27, 2005

I too have hunted(with the landowner's permission) for the treasure. I even provided my research material for and appeared in a 30 minute TV show about it a couple of years ago. The landowner, who also appeared in the TV show, told me he had found wagon wheel parts, military uniform buttons, and some other items. I asked to see them and he stated he "misplaced" them many years ago. He also swears that some nights he hears the ghost of Abbott's Creek howling at night! The TV producer, Alan Landsburg (he also did the "In Search Of" Tv series with Leonard Nimoy) was more interested in the ghost story than the treasure story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Yo! ;D Yeah, 33... that DOES look like him... SOME "legends" indicate burial of BRIT "cache" was in the mountains of Bedford County, near New London (Tory-Land...), OR... Charlemont (ALSO full of Tories...), near Peaks of Otter... DUNNO. ???

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D THAT said... I would certainly look in caves in the YORKTOWN, Va. area (south of Williamsburg, Va. and near Jamestown, Va); bound to be hills nearby... I ALSO would check areas where LOTS of Tories lived, then... (I think the BRITS were hoping to come back later... winning a NEW war - like 1812... and getting the "loot", then... HA!). ;)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Yo! :D beale, that WHOLE "post" is missing... it was done by kiddrock33 with "pic"... he was saying he knew where C. G. was, in a cave or SOMETHING. It DID look like the surrender... I have ALSO seen the G. Washington Yorktown "pic"... IF, it was the SAME one you have seen... he was reviewing his officers (MOSTLY captains, I think...); it has my "ancestor", Capt. George Printz, who was at the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown. It was hanging up in the Appomattox Courtroom years ago... :) kiddrock33 come back!!!

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts

it was the painting of cornwalis surrenduring the technique i used was shown to me by a friend who said to remove it. yes i could see the cave and its contents which consists of weapons. in the floor of this cave is a hole which is covered . below lies the objects. as far as the location of the cave this i have not looked for. but what you seekl is in a cave.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Yo! ;D 8) (SUNNY out...); beale, I have read the same story about the Dooley Bros... "killing" and all; ALSO, yesterday, at the library, I saw a listing of Bedford County "boys" as patriots in the Revoluntionary War... IF I find it again... you want a copy? ALSO will try to find the Dooley Bros. "murder story".
33, I "see" what you are saying... AND! I think I know where it is... NEAR the PEAKS... we will see. beale , will let you know what I find... near APPLE VALLEY, UNDER the LION'S HEAD... LOL. :D ;)

ifitshistory

Greenie
Oct 27, 2005

There is no military documentation of the treasure being buried in Davidson County/Abbott's creek area. I again stress "military". There is however a lot of info regarding the treasure but it is only in legend. I did locate info at Wake Forest Univeristy that states the general had been given over 1 miilion pounds sterling for payment of British troops in North America.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
35.824755, -80.219874 this is the coordinates we used where we in the right area?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neo,Is that Murphy in your avatar pic?
Who's Murphy? Is from one of my favorite tv shows/comics it's called preacher but it is for adults and probably not a good place to discuss it here. If your highly religious you might be offended by the comic just a warning.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is their any stories on Buried treasure that was buried during the Revolutionary War in Connecticut?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread