Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
FooserPaul said:
Hello ALL from a Connecticut Neighbor :-)

Can anyone point me to State Park Laws / Regulations...

Is the great swamp fight of 1675 accessable or is that labeled as a National Historic Site... ??

Thank you for any help on RI Rules / Laws...

Paul

The swamp fight area is off limits because they are trying to develop it and the Indians are saying its a burial ground...There are lots of cairns out there..Its also a huge area..Mostly swamps..
And dozens of no trespassing signs.
To bad i would love to get in there..

Blaze

bristp

May 25, 2012
Southeastern MA / RI
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, XPointer,
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of that story. Can someone elaborate? :)

Frankmacera87

Greenie
Oct 21, 2013
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Swamp Massacre took place during the king philip war. December 19th 1675 the colonial militia attacked and massacred the narragansett indians fearing an indian attack. its late or i'd type the whole thing out but there is a great history written. i would not want any relics, to this day there are reports of indians in war regalia charging people and some of them being hunters shooting and thinking they killed someone only for no body to be found. It is sacred burial grounds. If you go just to walk around, be out of the woods before dark. the hairs on your neck will thank you, and its really easy to get lost.

The Great Swamp Fight: Colonial Militia Assault Indian Stronghold | The American Legion's BurnPit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread