New RI fellow...

Doug10

May 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

Been here a few years and luckily my job has me all over the state, mainly around the coast. Looking to meet up with some other bottle hunters and treasure hunters. I am not new to bottle hunting, though I have not done much in the last 20 years. I grew up in Virginia and spent most of my childhood bottle hunting with my granddad, who was a bottle hunter for the better part of 50 years. If anyone out there cares to talk please drop me an IM. I have recently found some neat places along the river that look good. I also live in Coventry in a neighborhood that was once a big farm, looking to start poking around here too. Has a lot of promise.

Doug

OP
OP
D

Doug10

May 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a trip with the old man this weekend down the old New London Turnpike, Hells Half Acre and did some side walking through the woods. Found a few old chimneys, found the basements in Hells Half Acre, but also found an interesting hole in the ground behind one of the celler holes. It was about the size of a rabbit or fox hole, Poked my head in to find a perfect well that was time correct for the small house. Crazy part was, it had Large rocks on top it, but it had a ladder going down inside that was in great condition (2x4) rails on it, Rather odd. Only find was a military button that was probably only about 70 years old or so.

I did find some access to some new places and beaches, and also did some overlays of an late 1800's map. Looking for someone to go out poking around some more with.

Doug

sdizzy

Jul 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New here from NW RI - would love to go hunt this weekend. Anyone around?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Doug! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread