RI Gold Prospectors / Gold Panning?

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, I'm new to this site, and fairly new to the hobby of panning for gold! I've found some tiny pieces in RI in 2 locations so far. I'm looking to make connections with other locals who are into the same hobby, and have interest to exploring areas of RI or neighboring states. Feel free to respond here or private message me. Jeff Gold.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found in my secret location heh heh. PM sent.

OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still looking for someone in RI or nearby as dedicated as I am to explore new areas. Gold is here, I've found some......PM me

OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Durfee is mentioned all over the place when you do searches on the internet for RI gold.....however it is all private property nowadays and from what I hear, the owner will chase you away with a shotgun lol

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually most of Durfee hill is public property..The spot where the old gold mine is private but I actually know him!

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Gold there over 30 years ago panning in a river, reports then (from reading) or rather theory, is that the gold came from the glacial movement and was drug there. Don't buy it but never had time to do a proper upstream / downstream search pattern - good luck, it's there!

OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting, was the gold any bigger than flour gold out of curiosity? I guess I'll have to explore that area more based on what you guys are saying. Thanks

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try and jump in when water is warmer next year - I will try and remember to contact you next year
Im a water hunter so I like to get in - I usually go for the chunkier gold - 2 this year from RI

but have always wanted to try panning - I own a garrett large pan

OP
OP
J

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool. I like to get in the water too when warm, throw my swim trunks on and get to it. In this weather it's boots or waders. I plan to keep going until the ground is frozen. I have yet to find anything chunky, or any "pickers" in RI. I've definitely found consistent color in one particular spot, but it's all been flour gold or small flakes. I'm hoping to find something bigger in RI at some point. You're welcome to join me anytime. I've found the public part of Durfee that I think you guys above are talking about, I'll have to do some exploring around there and see what I can find. Thanks, Jeff

providence

Nov 29, 2017
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Xp Deuse, AT Gold
I am interested to learn Gold Panning I hope I can find some friends here and metal detector buddy to hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread