Gold and Diamond prospecting field trip

Apr 28, 2009
Howdy All,
I just found out that our tour of the state line district is a go! Tour with a hall of fame geologist and a noted historian for 4 nights and 5 days of incredable hands on prospecting! Come to Colorado and Wyoming, we'll visit ghost towns, and look for Jack Slade's lost treasure near the overland stage stop of Virginia Dale. We will have accommodations for the first two nights at a wonderful guest ranch while we learn everything you ever wanted to know about diamond bearing materials. Kimberlite, and all it's associated gems... cape ruby, and cape emeralds. A 28.6ct blue white diamond was found there.
Then it's off to pan for gold and explore the old ghost town of Keystone. The real stories about how the west was won, all those famous names, Bat Masterson, and the Virginian. Wild Bill Hickock, and Buffalo Bill, and a list of mountain men whose tales have become American History.
Everyone on the tour gets a Gold Prospectors Association of America membership and your basic tools to go find GOLD and DiAMONDS with us this JULY!
If you want to discuss this kind of adventure tour... then please leave a post... We want to know what your take is on all this!
Happy Trails,
Adventure Guide

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an opening in my schedule from July 4 - 12 it sounds great, right up my alley.
Please post details!

I'm already a GPAA member and have all necessary equipment.

GG~

Upvote 0

Shtrider728

Jan 23, 2009
I would love to.Right now Iam poor and waiting for a job,as there is no work in Denver Iam forced to travel.let's keep in touch for something in the future,as Iam always up to learn something

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2009
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in sweetwater county here in Wyoming. I would love to further my knowledge in the diamond area. I have found thousands of green and red indicator minerals, and have located the source. I just dont know how to get the minerals tested.

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in sweetwater county here in Wyoming. I would love to further my knowledge in the diamond area. I have found thousands of green and red indicator minerals, and have located the source. I just dont know how to get the minerals tested.

It sounds to me like you have found some Pyrope (cape emerald) and chromian diopsides (garnet) also known as cape ruby typical of diamondiferous lamprophyre deposits found in Wyoming.
Here is a picture of same that are gem quality. See how yours compare.

If you need help filing a claim PM me.

GG~

These are gem quality.

Attachments

• garnets.jpg
    garnets.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0
C

Cappy Z.

It pains me this thread has not continued. We have guys in treasure areas and in July? some digging? Well its August..and I for one would really enjoy hearing how things went.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread