To All the Women TNers: Are Diamonds a girls best friend?

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Re: To All the Women TNers: Are Diamonds a girl's best friend?

Sheesh...okay okay...

Please ALL members here at TN respond...
Does YOUR significant other want Diamonds? above all else??

HH

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

size for size carat for carat a high quality emerald will retain much more value resell wize that a diamond will. :wink:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

cntrydncr1 said:
I want them all! ;D
I have a small cash of Muzo Emeralds I got bidding one night late on Ebay about three in the morning. Value is always in the eyes of the beholder. I think only 3.28 cts total weight. 20 plus very very small stones. Regardless, I have been toying with the idea: "It is better to give than to receive".

Since (for crazy reasons) I am trying to 'encourage' more dialogue and interest in the Rocks and Gems
threads.. I want to make an offer to all WOMEN TNers:

Post a story about how you truly felt when you once received or did not receive a gemstone on any specific occasion..afterwards the MEN will vote on the best story (not that we didn't feel your happiness or pain individually, should you not win)..
And I will send the Muzo Emeralds to the winner.

ps. I have absolutely no connection to TN or their sponsors. I am simply a TN nut like you.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

while I'm not a gal -- heres my "painful" story -- when I was married to my first wife (she's long time ex these days ) on the first "fathers" day after my daughter was born my ex (bambi--yep thats her honest to god name- no BS ) got me a red and blue greenish triangle shaped "native american styled" turquoise ring made with white gold -- of course at the time she was a "stay at home" mom so she paid for it via a credit card that I gave her to use as needed ( I worked she stayed at home with the kids -- I was a merchant seaman sailor)---( and of course I really like the ring too) until several years later on when we started to break up--- and another guy -- her " old freind from high school " --who had attended our wedding --stepped up saying he was my daughters father not I . --- I looked at his hand and I noticed the "ring" he was wearing" matched" mine exactly ---so I checked up and found out by checking the credit card records that she ordered 2 rings "made" on the same day --- exactly the same except for size * --mine was a size 13 / his a size 9 --- when confronted with these facts she said --well I don't know which one of you was the dad so I got 2 rings ( she had had fun with me before I went out to sea and him right after I had left town)-- and of course I had paid for "both" rings since I paid the credit card bills with the cash I earned working at sea --that very day I packed my bags and left --2 days before thanksgiving day 1991--- this after coming home from spending 6 months on a ammo hauler in the gulf risking my life to "earn" for my wife and kids --as I pasted over the bridge from ohio to KY on I 75 south bound to florida -- the ring went flying into the mighty ohio river out of my car window. ( the passenger side window was down at the time )--later on dna testing paid for by me proved that both of my children were indeed mine *thankfully) I did the testing because I feel that the kids deserved to know for sure 100% , who is their "daddy" -- and if wasn't me I have no right to block another man from his "rightful"child -

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

ivan salis said:
not a gal but heres a "painful" story -- when I was married to my first wife (she's long time ex these days ) on the first "fathers" day after my daughter was born my ex (bambi--yep thats her honest to god name- no BS ) got me a red and blue triangle shaped "native american styled" turquoise ring made with white gold -- of course at the time she was a "stay at home" mom so she paid for it via a credit card that I gave her to use as needed ( I worked she stayed at home with the kids -- I was a merchant seaman sailor)---( I really really like ithe ring too) until several years later on when we started to break up--- and another guy -- her " old freind from high school " --who had attended our wedding --stepped up saying he was mt daughters father not I . --- I noticed the "ring" he was wearing matched mine exactly --- found out by checking the credit records that she order 2 rings on the same day --- exactly the same except for size * --mine was a size 13 / his a size 9 --- when confronted with these facts she said --well I don't know which one of you was the dad so I got 2 rings ( she had had fun with me before I went out to sea and him right after I had left town)-- ( and of course I had paid for "both" rings since I paid the credit card bills with the cash I earned working at sea -- I packed my bags and left that day --2 days before thanksgiving day 1991--- this after coming home from spending 6 months on a ammo hauler in the gulf risking my life to "earn" for my wife and kids --as I pasted over the bridge from ohio to KY on I 75 south bound to florida -- the ring went flying into the mighty ohio river out of my car window.

IF NO WOMAN TNER COMES FORTH I WILL GET IN MY CAR AND OVERNIGHT THE MUZO EMERALDS TO YOU. THIS IS A GREAT STORY, A TRUE STORY, THANK YOU FOR BEING A REAL MAN AND POSTING SOMETHING SO MOVING.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

It may take a day or two..but if there are no other stories soon...

:icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

sadly its a true and real story --as well as a very painful one. -- Ivan

Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Altho I appreciate the value of diamonds; they really don't do a thing for me! I love the colors, man!
Rubies and emeralds are my favorites. I do like little bits of diamonds along side them , just to make the colors 'pop'.

The only diamnond I love is the engagement ring I've been wearing since I was 16. It's never been off my finger. Several years ago, I was out in the malls Christmas shopping. I had tried on a bunch of gloves that I was going to buy my daughter. When I got home that night, I half noticed little scratches on my finger. On closer inspection (get the glasses), I discovered the reason for the scratches was because there were only 3 prongs on the ring, >>>>>>>>and the diamond was gone! :(
I was soooooooo upset; but I didn't want the old man to know! I was almost physically sick about it. And I JUST KNEW that somewhere in all those stupid gloves I tried on was my diamond! :( :(
Five days later, I'm cleaning the bathroom. Pull back the shower curtain to scrub the tub, and I notice a couple of 4 inch scrathes in my NEW tub. That pi$$esw me off, so I pull up the rubbermaid bathmat in a small fit of fury, and something flies up and hits me in the face.....................yup!
my diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It musta been stuck under the suction cup thingies on the underside of the mat!
You figure....4 people....5 days....equals 20 showers!!!!!!!!!!! And that thing did NOT go down the drain!
Go figure, eh? Once I had it, I then told the old man :wink:
I have lost several stones over the years, an emerald, a tourmaline, amythest, and the sweetest blue topaz, but they've all come back to me. I dunno why, but it's true!

That's my only diamond story. 'cept the time we went to the Herkimer diamond mine and hit a mother load!!!!!!!! but, those aren't actually diamonds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Another great story. To think that diamond never made it to the drain after all that water!

In a couple of days I am going to ask TNer's to place their votes.

Then the package will be shipped.

:coffee2:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

WIN 28 Muzo Emeralds see photo read post!

When the 'stories' are all posted..TN members can vote for the best story..and that person gets the Muzo Emerald package. 3.25 cwt total. Yes they are small..but they real

Attachments

• 28Muzo.jpg
    28Muzo.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

they are lovely * and thanks for being so kind as to share em.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Well apparently Ivan and Ashleen are the only story tellers desiring a small but interesting collection of emeralds from Columbia.

Due to lack of interest in such treasure..I am waiting only to Monday night whence I get home from that four letter word..work.

Then I would like someone to PM how set up the POLL so I have no say in who wins.

HH

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

I'm willing to share it with her . that is if splitting it is ok by you and her of course. -- since I'm not a greedy sort of person.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

I'd have to mail the pkg in its entirety to either..I'm not doing the splitting.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

thats fine was trying to be easy ..... you are so right diamonds are so "everday" blah ... resell on em is a joke unless there very large or very special -- the queen of spain for her "dowery" wanted emeralds they were being shipped with the 1715 fleet . (not diamonds but rather "emeralds"-- that should tell you something) her emeralds also came from the same area as yours did -- the muzo area in colombia .---so fit for a queen or a king :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

How to start a story, particularly about precious stones. To tell a story there has to be a beginning, a middle, and an end. Diamonds are usually the stone a woman wants in her engagement ring, its almost like a tradition. But Emeralds, and Sapphires look so full of depth and beauty, you can look into them, and try to imagine what magic story they could tell. It's almost as if they have lived a life of their own. Looking at a Diamond, yes they sparkle, but they lack the depth of the Emerald or the Saphhire.
Being so young when I got engaged, I did the usual traditional thing and chose Diamonds, they weren't very large Diamonds, my hubby to be wasn't a rich man. But an engagement ring for a woman is so special that they could be the smallest of diamonds and she would still think they were the prettiest. I too used to wear ring all of the time, but as I have gotten older, so have my fingers, and I have had to have the ring enlarged twice. As time has gone by, so has my taste in precious stones. That deep coloured emerald, or that beautiful blue sapphire, hold more allure for me now. But my "little" diamond ring will always hold a special place in my heart.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Thanks for the story and the insight. We men are in fact as dumb as we look. lol.

Now we must have a poll because there are 3 stories.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Even though I am amazed on the beauty of a diamond, esp when in a beautiful setting, Opal's have always been my favorite! I want to go to an Opal field, I want to find my own!!! My birthstone, however, is Emerald. My favorite aunt gave me a beautiful emerald ring for my Sweet 16th birthday. While I was stationed in San Diego where my ship was being built, my home was in NC. My landlord (don't know if it was him or some friends of his, we could never get this to court, he knew too many folks in that small town who always backed him up!)...anyways, my home was broken into and my little cash box (which contained a cool paper necklace my cousin made for me in the 60's, he was only 7 at the time), some paperwork, my double opal ring my parents gave me for graduating high school, my emerald ring and a few other items were in this box. I know he was in my home, because he said he had my little cash box, but he never gave it back to me! Nor would the folks in this town help. So, I chalk it up to a lesson learned. I was however, able to save my St Christopher medal my grandmother gave me when I was 10. I had that in another place and they missed it! Whew! But they took my Atari system, a brand new coffee maker (still in the box), some of the record albums that belonged to my other grandmother, too many things to list.

Since then, I keep a picture book of my things, with all paperwork, serial numbers, etc. Lessons of life learned.

But Opals are by far the most beautiful stone to me and turguoise comes in second! ;)

Anyways, very sweet thing you are doing! Kudos to you! :headbang: :hello2:
Annmarie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread