• four.jpg
    four.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 276
C

Cappy Z.

I am not being negative, so don't misinterpret this. But it is odd they all are about the same size and same size relative to a penny. I think one is citrine, a type of quartz. Perhaps the other too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Thanks, I just picked these out of the bunch. I just wanted to keep them all around the same size . Two and four are actually the same stone.

I am not being negative, so don't misinterpret this. But it is odd they all are about the same size and same size relative to a penny. I think one is citrine, a type of quartz. Perhaps the other too.
[/quote]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Thanks, The first one is a clump of garnets, I wasnt sure about the third one. I was thinking the greenish yellow one might be peridot.

2nd and 4th look like a form of citrine -- 1st and 3rd garnets
[/quote]

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second and forth are the same stone and appear to me to be olivine because of the yellow green color also known as Chrysolite.
It is referred to as "Peridot" only when it is gem quality, yours is specimen
grade and not quite gem quality.

While Citrine was the first name to come to mind when I first saw your stone, further examination has led me to favor olivine due to structure and color.

As to the first and third, I believe you have examples of Pyrope also known as garnet or cape ruby, once again specimen grade only, not gem quality.

GG~

Upvote 0
OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Thanks, after doing some research, its seems that these probably are Olivine.

GoodyGuy said:
The second and forth are the same stone and appear to me to be olivine because of the yellow green color also known as Chrysolite.
It is referred to as "Peridot" only when it is gem quality, yours is specimen
grade and not quite gem quality.

While Citrine was the first name to come to mind when I first saw your stone, further examination has led me to favor olivine due to structure and color.

As to the first and third, I believe you have examples of Pyrope also known as garnet or cape ruby, once again specimen grade only, not gem quality.

GG~

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread