I need your expert help again....thanks guys!!! des from N/Z

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
howdy...i was given an old sack of rocks that lay under the verandah of an old deceased ladys house in mokau, on the west coast of the north island...i was told the right one was serpentine a poor type of jade, the left, petrified wood which stacks up as it has a bark lookalike on the exterior and sort of limb holes.. now the middle one has me guessing and I would like your knowledge if possible..it has gold veins running through it and gave me the hots for awhile but the detector didnt register a thing...pic maybe not that good but any thoughts i sure would appreciate..thanks guys..des from N/Z :help: :help: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 349
C

Cappy Z.

Nice photos Des.

I think the gold lines might be opalized wood.

Could be worth a huge chunk of cash.

Have it checked out by a geologists at a local museum.

HH

Cap Z.

Upvote 0

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I also have a piece that looks like that one too. I was told the name but have forgotten already, I`ll ask again what this is I have,I cant wait to cab this piece, its almost like a tigers eye type

DSC00897.jpg

Upvote 0
C

Cappy Z.

wow. Amazing. I know where CFldigger gets his..and I know where Des lives....I wonder if a meteorite hit the earth at the same time?

Upvote 0

lordpiney

Aug 12, 2009
it's called tiger iron, or marra mamba. it's only found in australia. it's made up of hemetite, sandstone, and tigers eye. it's also getting pretty rare. nice chunk.

Upvote 0

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Tiger iron, be careful when working with this or Tiger's eye, it contains asbestos, work wet and wear a breathing mask while cabbing, more on the others soon

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lordpiney said:
it's called tiger iron, or marra mamba.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Though not only found in Australia, not very rare nor expensive...yet.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread