• Tumbled Stones 003.JPG
    Tumbled Stones 003.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 286

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Fossis.....Do you believe that different stones have any sort of power ie: healing...mood etc etc. I feel "something" when I hold quartz, it almost feels like a scource of "well being". It's probably my over active imagination I guess.
That is a great collection of stones that you have.

regards U.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
Fossis.....Do you believe that different stones have any sort of power ie: healing...mood etc etc. I feel "something" when I hold quartz, it almost feels like a scource of "well being". It's probably my over active imagination I guess.
That is a great collection of stones that you have.

regards U.
I will leave that question to others that have had personal experiences with Crystals, but I know several who do believe they work for different things.
I know when I am just looking at my collection that it is a 'pleasant experience', & I would like to have a room full just to enjoy, & in a few more years that might happen if I keep collecting. :laughing7:

Thanks, Fossis..........

Upvote 0

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis, i cant for the life of me get a good polish. i try to seperate corrundum from quartz because of different hardness. i clean all old grit out of tumbler and rinse stones off after different steps, take out any that may have broken pieces, sharp edges. pretty new at this, just wont polish. please advise. HELP, driving me nuts.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marinedad said:
fossis, i cant for the life of me get a good polish. i try to seperate corrundum from quartz because of different hardness. i clean all old grit out of tumbler and rinse stones off after different steps, take out any that may have broken pieces, sharp edges. pretty new at this, just wont polish. please advise. HELP, driving me nuts.

Sorry, I can't be of any help, I buy or trade fossils for mine. :dontknow:

Fossis.............

Upvote 0

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Nice rocks, very nice collection, I see quite a wide verity with brilliant colors......good job...

marinedad the rock polishing has a trick, the rocks you might be trying might look nice but don,t hold up....here is a tip, take a nail and try and scratch the rock if it easily scratches it will not likely polish, but if it leaves no marks, throw a hand full into the tumbler and run 4 different grit sizes, one grit size per week, tumbling 24/7.......at the end of the month, you will have rocks like that as well.

good luck and happy hunting.....

I don,t know where you are at but I am in the phx area and have access to all sorts of rocks that work well for polishing.....if you want some....let me know....I find them while out looking for gold, just cover shipping and I will send you some....

db

Upvote 0

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I just LOVE the agates:)

I need to kick my tumbler into polishing play! it's been ages I've actually used it to polish rocks...lately it's my clad cleaner!

And Unicorn...I'd love to share my theory with you on why rocks/ especially quartz heals, etc... That is IF you're interested in my opinion:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
I just LOVE the agates:)

I need to kick my tumbler into polishing play! it's been ages I've actually used it to polish rocks...lately it's my clad cleaner!

And Unicorn...I'd love to share my theory with you on why rocks/ especially quartz heals, etc... That is IF you're interested in my opinion:)

Thanks, me too.

Fossis.............

Upvote 0

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Vibes......I would be most interested to hear what you have to say, thank you. It's strange but sometimes I do feel as if I have some sort premonition sensations. I've always put it down to a vivid imagination. Many years ago I did do TM meditation, just don't do it anymore tho.

regards Unicorn

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread