NATURAL OR BI-PRODUCT ?

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
I usually hunt artifacts but always come home with a pocketful of ''cool rocks' too ,which I try to identify and catagorize .While in San Antonio ,TX on a visit with my son ,I picked him up from work (underground utility) he had these for me. We were at the site and it appeared to me to be virgin , undisturbed soil where they were digging (app.4 ft.) This is just one of a few we collected .It looks and feels like pumice on the outside,very light and very soft (can easily scratch with thumbnail ) .But the inside is also light but glassy and hard(wont scratch with knife ) I really like doing the research but I just don't know where to start wih this one .Any helpful advise is ALWAYS appreciated ! THANKS

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 278

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would you mind trying to get a better pic?? Its very blurry! :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DisplacedBuckeye

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
Here are some more pics hope they're better

Attachments

• green2 001.JPG
    green2 001.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 237
  • green2 004.JPG
    green2 004.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DisplacedBuckeye

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
The inside is actually more green than anything and is infused with bubbles And it does have the shape of bone but thats it. Nothing else points to bone from what I see . Maybe it is glass slag ,and I'm no expert on TX soil ,but everything seemd to be in proper strata .Which made me conclude it came from undisturbed earth.Thanks for your interest!

Upvote 0

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
looks like some type of limbcast, its where agate replaces the wood. Your looks to have drusy in it which is cool, we find somthing similiar with the coral

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DisplacedBuckeye

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
WOW THANKS centfladigger ! i think you hit it right on the head .I researched that and it seems the most plausible .That would have NEVER occured to me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread