20.3 KB · Views: 2,525

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice... but just curious... how did you find it if it was buried 6 1/2 inches down? ???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
PhipsFolly said:
Very Nice... but just curious... how did you find it if it was buried 6 1/2 inches down? ???

I'm sorry, discussion of the method I use to detect Beryillum is not permitted here.

Although unconventional, the simple method I use to extract small objects buried in beach sand is a 6 foot long, 4 inch in diameter, thin wall Aluminum tube, and an auger that inserts inside the tube.

As sand is pulled up thru the tube, the tube is pushed deeper in the sand until it surrounds the target and the object is unable to fall off as the auger brings it to the surface along with the sand.

The 4 inch in diameter hole collapses as the tube is pulled out and the rest is easy to fill in with a few kicks of sand.

Attachments

• AUGER.jpg
    AUGER.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,068
  • AUGER TIP.jpg
    AUGER TIP.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,058
Upvote 0

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
SHARK said:
PhipsFolly said:

I'm sorry, discussion of the method I use to detect Beryillum is not permitted here.

Although unconventional, the simple method I use to extract small objects buried in beach sand is a 6 foot long, 4 inch in diameter, thin wall Aluminum tube, and an auger that inserts inside the tube.

As sand is pulled up thru the tube, the tube is pushed deeper in the sand until it surrounds the target and the object is unable to fall off as the auger brings it to the surface along with the sand.

The 4 inch in diameter hole collapses as the tube is pulled out and the rest is easy to fill in with a few kicks of sand.

[/quote

What is the secret ? Why are you not discussing the methods you are using ? This is another reason why us stupid treasure hunters do not understand LRL . Cornelius

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
I'm sorry Cornelius, this is a Shipwreck forum. Because the Emerald cluster was extracted from the beach it may be shipwreck related, so that is why I posted here. How it was found should not be a factor here, but the method I used was posted on the appropriate forum, as SWR, was quick to point out.

It was an insignificant find. No big deal.

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shark- are your methods repeatable in the presence of skeptics?

If I came on this forum and claimed to have located a beautiful cluster of Reales on Jacksonville Beach, that would naturally pique interest.

If I then said I located these Reales using nothing more than a folding shovel and my ability to converse with Angels, that would certainly raise skepticism not only of my methods, but against the credibility of the find itself.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
We all have the freedom of choice to accept or reject anything that is posted here. Whether you choose to believe what I say, or not believe what I say is no reflection on my credibility. It's your choice.

Upvote 0

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
SHARK said:
We all have the freedom of choice to accept or reject anything that is posted here. Whether you choose to believe what I say, or not believe what I say is no reflection on my credibility. It's your choice.

Absolutely Right. No reflection on your credibility. I'll be in Florida next week. How about a demonstration ?? That will either prove of disprove your credibility to everyone. Personally, I'm a skeptic. You would be hard pressed to find a person better then a skeptic to prove that your device works.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
This used to be a friendly forum to Treasure hunters, what happened? The many years I have been here, If I have not earned your trust and respect by now, I never will.

I'm sorry posting what I found has offended you. Life is too short for me to waste my time arguing with you over a trivial point.

Old man, check with Aquanut. I have offered to help in any way I am able to. It's your choice. Shark, aka, Dell

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell, nice find! They are not found very often.

Upvote 0

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE FIND.MC ONE OF MY THREE FAVORITE COLORS, GREEN, GOLD AND SILVER, NOT THAT ORDER OF COURSE!!!

Upvote 0

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
SHARK said:
This used to be a friendly forum to Treasure hunters, what happened? The many years I have been here, If I have not earned your trust and respect by now, I never will.

I'm sorry posting what I found has offended you. Life is too short for me to waste my time arguing with you over a trivial point.

Old man, check with Aquanut. I have offered to help in any way I am able to. It's your choice. Shark, aka, Dell

Shark, sorry. I didn't know you were Dell. Talk to John, he is the one bringing in people. I have no problem seeing you there.

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SHARK said:
Whether you choose to believe what I say, or not believe what I say is no reflection on my credibility.

No, but the things you do say do indeed reflect on your creditability.

You may be a dandy guy in every way, an asset to a treasure hunt for other reasons, etc... but seriously. When you make claims that you've found treasure via supernatural means (which dowsing and 'long range locating' absolutely is, in spite of its modern-day proponents trying to lend credibility to the process by attaching lights and switches and little battery powered boxes to the dowsing rods, no different than the various implementations of quack medical devices that sprung up in the beginning of the technical age), you have to be prepared for skepticism.

I hope you go on that treasure hunt, wave your little rods over a map, point your finger at a specific spot and there lies all the gold. I really, sincerely hope that. If you're willing to wager on that happening, though, do let me know.

Upvote 0

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

For all of us that have been around here the last 5 or 6 years, we all accept that Shark has somewhat unconventional methods of performing his search and recovery. With that being said, we have always afforded the respectful latitude that he DESERVES in acknowledgement of his past experiences, endeavors, AND recoveries in this crazy mele'e called treasure hunting...

In my humble opinion, I would venture to say that Shark has more mask time then 99.9% of the people here...and has RECOVERED more then 98%!!!! Many of us here for a while have seen the pics, and know that it's a fact.

For all the newbies...sit down and refer to 1st. paragraph....

For all the naysayers...whatever, it's his gig....

SWR and LSMorgan...how much Gold have U brought up...plz post ur pics...

Cornelius, you of ALL should have allowed a wider berth...You're out of line.

Shark, PLEASE post some of the photos from back in the day!! Some of the folks here need to become a little more enlightened into your past!!! There are a few of us here that know October 31st. is not JUST Halloween!!

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shawmen said:
Cornelius, you of ALL should have allowed a wider berth...You're out of line

Why? Because he's skeptical that the guy is claiming to have located an emerald via supernatural means?

It's possible he (Shark) is an otherwise sane, logical and perhaps even talented individual who just bought into an 'article of faith' via long range locating out of a personal desire to believe, but no matter how experienced this guy happens to be in the broader field of treasure hunting when he's advancing quack science- even if it may be a small part in an otherwise valid treasure hunting repertoire- he's going to encounter skepticism.

The criticism thus far has been stately, measured and not out of line. I don't think people should feel obliged to 'remain silent' on stuff like this.

Shawmen said:
SWR and LSMorgan...how much Gold have U brought up...plz post ur pics...

Tell ya what, Amigo. I'll wager you $10,000- escrowed with whomever you please and we both trust- that I can bury an emerald six feet deep, give him a broad area in which to look and using his methods, he won't be able to locate it. Sound good? Assuredly, you should have no problem taking this free money I'm leaking off... This is a standing offer to anyone who wants to cover the action and is willing to escrow the cash in advance.

Upvote 0

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

Morgan, u evidently have not been here for a while, refer to newbies instructions..

SWR, u were around back then, but may be a tad more confrontational as I remember...

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shawmen said:

Morgan, u evidently have not been here for a while, refer to newbies instructions..

Exactly how long does one have to be here before they're required to believe in unproven, supernatural methods?
Like I said. The guy might be a talented treasure hunter in every other regard, but this sort of thing is going to encounter resistance from rational people everywhere.

Upvote 0

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Shawman . Where am I out of line ? Dell is a good friend of mine . I for one do not agree that he has to use another name but his own . Dell is Dell and not Shark . I wish some of you guys stop picking on me and start contributing something interesting to all . Cornelius

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread