Just a few rocks/gems

Guap

Greenie
Mar 27, 2012
Fort Pierce, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a few years ago my dad was doing some work for an older man. He came up to me and asked me if I wanted to see something cool and of course I said yes. He brought me inside his house and it looked like a museum with rocks and pictures all over the walls, literally everywhere. Come to find out he worked for national geographic a while back. Then out of no where he hands me a bag and starts grabbing rocks off different shelves and putting them into the bag as he said "now you've got your own rock collection started". I always thought it was really cool and out of curiosity I always wondered what he gave me. I don't care if they have value or not, ill most likely keep them just because. Thanks for your time and any replys

33m7xb8.jpg

15qccb4.jpg

15rxkxs.jpg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's try,
I see a quartz crystal (top left), possible desert rose, schorl (Black tourmaline), ruby in zoisite (or fuchsite), garnet.

The last pic is a bit to blurry to say much of anything, sorry.

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
I would say the old guy gave you a very nice start on a rock collection.
I wouldn't argue about any of EU's id's.
The last pic looks like a diamond in kimberlite or a topaz. Can you scratch it with your wedding ring? Just joking.
You should be able to tell by the shape of the crystal. Also if topaz it might have vertical striations.

Upvote 0

TheRockCollector

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
Eu got it bang on (hes really good!:notworthy:) but like he said the last picture is to blurry for an accurate ID but I think Baja has it! Nice collection you have going though! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread