Calling all rock experts! (Or Collectors)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Give it some time, this part of the forum isn't the most active. :)

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Rock Collector,

thought we had a Rocks/Gems topic on the forum.:icon_scratch:

" I'll only except if you are a Junior Member or above and have posted atleast 4 times on ID help in the Rocks/Gems forum and has started 4 threads in the rocks/gems forum.
Apply today if you meat the requirements and get to wear the Quartz Cluster! (group logo) "

:dontknow:

So not any member can join?

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheRockCollector

TheRockCollector

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
Rock Collector,

thought we had a Rocks/Gems topic on the forum.:icon_scratch:

" I'll only except if you are a Junior Member or above and have posted atleast 4 times on ID help in the Rocks/Gems forum and has started 4 threads in the rocks/gems forum.
Apply today if you meat the requirements and get to wear the Quartz Cluster! (group logo) "

:dontknow:

So not any member can join?

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE[/..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm............So if I want to get into hunting rocks and minerals, I can't join becouse I have'nt the experence........THATS STUPID! A catch 22..............

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let's see... I collect rocks and minerals. Not that I can even identify all the ones I have, but I do have about the start of a nice collection. Maybe 100 or so specimens. I've even got 1 0r 2 that I posted here that have yet to be identified. I don't know why I collect them, maybe I just like the different shapes, sizes, colors and varieties of them. I may even qualify to be in your group, don't know, I know i've posted on and off for years on this forum (don't know if I posted them all on this particular board). Many times I was looking for an id, a few times I may have helped id something. Does that make me more qualified than anybody else who wants to join? I don't think so. It's about the interest of it in general, not the already aquired knowledge of something. Look at it this way... if Treasurenet only allowed people who were already established detectorists or treasurehunters the membership would be way down. If your local coin club only accepted people that were "experts" then they wouldn't be a club for too long. If your local golf club only accepted golf pros then the greens wouldn't be getting manicured too often because they couldn't afford a groundskeeper without the newbie or casual golfer. I don't understand the requirements. Why?

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I've decline Rocks invitation on the ground that I do not like to be called an "Expert". Rock you really need to pull back on the reins.. it's good to be excited about a hobby or what your wanting to do.. and don't let my low post fool you.. I've been here awhile just decided to remove a few of my posts.. Thus reducing my user status, which I didn't care for anyway.. Although I feel very knowable about allot of topics, by no means am I an expert at any of them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheRockCollector

TheRockCollector

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmmm............So if I want to get into hunting rocks and minerals, I can't join becouse I have'nt the experence........THATS STUPID! A catch 22..............

Well let's see... I collect rocks and minerals. Not that I can even identify all the ones I have, but I do have about the start of a nice collection. Maybe 100 or so specimens. I've even got 1 0r 2 that I posted here that have yet to be identified. I don't know why I collect them, maybe I just like the different shapes, sizes, colors and varieties of them. I may even qualify to be in your group, don't know, I know i've posted on and off for years on this forum (don't know if I posted them all on this particular board). Many times I was looking for an id, a few times I may have helped id something. Does that make me more qualified than anybody else who wants to join? I don't think so. It's about the interest of it in general, not the already aquired knowledge of something. Look at it this way... if Treasurenet only allowed people who were already established detectorists or treasurehunters the membership would be way down. If your local coin club only accepted people that were "experts" then they wouldn't be a club for too long. If your local golf club only accepted golf pros then the greens wouldn't be getting manicured too often because they couldn't afford a groundskeeper without the newbie or casual golfer. I don't understand the requirements. Why?

I've decline Rocks invitation on the ground that I do not like to be called an "Expert". Rock you really need to pull back on the reins.. it's good to be excited about a hobby or what your wanting to do.. and don't let my low post fool you.. I've been here awhile just decided to remove a few of my posts.. Thus reducing my user status, which I didn't care for anyway.. Although I feel very knowable about allot of topics, by no means am I an expert at any of them.
I will change the group name and take away the requirements and make it public. Sorry about that guys, you guys have a point.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread