Need help planning a trip to Colorado and states nearby

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to take a trip to Colorado and a few other states around Oklahoma that's were I live.Last time I went to Colorado I went fossil digging and a little gold panning this time I want to look for gems and do some panning but I do not know were to go.I do not want to spend my time driving around looking for some places like I did last time.Any help would be great.THANKSinadvance

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Okie jack, about 10 years ago I went to Evergreen, Colorado to visit my Uncle. We spent the whole month of July. I wanted to see the State and explore so I looked up all the old Gold mining towns which are Ghost Towns now. There are so many...(Independence is one town I really liked.) Anyway, it seems that these known areas would be good starting points and you could find rivers and creeks nearby where you might be allowed to pan.

P.S.---My Favorite Ghost town trip was Bode, California That is a Cool trip just off 395 over the mountains toward the desert from Mammoth, Calif. They produced So much Gold there and is a National Park and wouldn't you know it, Canadian Investors bought up all the land behind the town of Bode.

MinerGirl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread