rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that the Ace Of Diamonds?

I believe the Ace of Diamonds is a different place but I have also been there. The large rock with the Diamond in it came from the Ace of Diamonds...the rest are from the origional Herkimer Diamond Mine.

Upvote 0

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Diamond acres in Fonda is better IMHO. Herkimer mines you bust rock and look on the ground. Fonda you can walk the trails and pick them, go through tailings, bust up rock tailings, sift through dirt, or get into the hard rock and go for big crystals. One 7+ pounder was found earlier this year and I'm close to a good pocket myself. If anyone wants to stop out I'll give you the grand tour and show you your options. $2 a day to dig and you keep what you find. Jason

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
In New Mexico on the Pecos River they call them Pecos Diamonds. I think we are on he same trail.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamond acres in Fonda is better IMHO. Herkimer mines you bust rock and look on the ground. Fonda you can walk the trails and pick them, go through tailings, bust up rock tailings, sift through dirt, or get into the hard rock and go for big crystals. One 7+ pounder was found earlier this year and I'm close to a good pocket myself. If anyone wants to stop out I'll give you the grand tour and show you your options. $2 a day to dig and you keep what you find. Jason

Hey swizzle! Not sure if you still active on this forum, I haven't been on in a long time. I had no idea there was a mine in fonda?! I have been to herkimer and St. Johnsville. The one in St. Johnsville is absolutely way better than herkimer! I would love to check out the one in Fonda this year. Feel free to private message me and maybe we can meet there this summer. I will be posting some of my finds from St.Johnsville today.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread