Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just can't stop thinking what would happen if i told my wife i was going rockhounding with a woman almost half my age. last thing i would see is the frying pan upside my head.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mojo618

Mojo618

Aug 15, 2012
Anderson County, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 DD search coil, Garrett pin pointer, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao!! Well at least you know she still loves you then right? That's when you get another person to tag along! Lol!

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an old thread from 8/21/2012 she probably already has found that hunting partner by now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mojo618

Mojo618

Aug 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I have found anyone to hunt with. Most people find rock hounding and metal detecting a waste of time, their to caught up in Technology.

Upvote 0

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to metal detect, and have been getting into prospecting and gem hunting lately as well. I live in Spartanburg so if anyone want to go out sometime hit me up!

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I rock hunt as much as possible. Haven't got as metal detector tho. I make my husband go with me(he sits in the truck while I search) because I do not know of anyone close by who enjoys it as well.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I have found anyone to hunt with. Most people find rock hounding and metal detecting a waste of time, their to caught up in Technology.
Dang you got to change that avatar! Freaks me out every time I see it. I figured like so many that post one time. You had already gone. Well good luck and I see you have met somebody. I am way too far away. Nobody here gives a .......about rocks.
This is one of my favorite rocks, click on the photo to enlarge.

Attachments

• 100_2601.JPG
    100_2601.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mojo618

Mojo618

Aug 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, i was i a hurry to reply. I meant that i have not met anyone yet. still wishing too. Love the rock! Beautiful! Where did you find it? What is it classified as? What other type of hunting do u do? What kinda job do u have seen that it said u were a dealer? You have your own shop? Let me know ! Have a great day! :)

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if you are into the club thing but there is a rockhounding club in NC. They go hunting in alot of places and have members from all over. Let me know if this is something that interests you and I will send you over to them.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo, that avatar is much better lol. It is truly different. I dont have my own site I do however sell at times for a % of the sales for other people. I sell my own items also. I sell NA artifacts, Vintage and rocks for collecting or some buy for knaping, which is making modern arrowheads. The rock in the pic is a type of Chert or Flint which ever you prefer to call it. I find these myself while looking in areas where I find ancient NA artifacts. I have all types and sizes in rocks. I have some that would be good for tumbling as well. Do you tumble rocks?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mojo618

Mojo618

Aug 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, ok Cool! I have a tumbler but its tiny and i have been discouraged to try it out since it is so small. It was given to me its from the 60s or 70s lol. Doesn't seem like its worth the trouble. I want to buy a larger one.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when you get the larger one let me know I will send you some tumbler rocks to try it with.

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mojo I use a 3 lb tumbler that I bought at Harbor Freight and it does wonders. I didn't think that it would be able to handle the stones I was tossing in but it proved me wrong. Just depends on how hard the stones are when it comes to how long I leave them in. Now I do have what I can an industrial one my Husband made for me lol. 5 gal bucket, table saw motor etc. but I like my little one better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK sounds good. So where did you get that pic in your avatar anyway?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread