More creek finds!

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the wife and I decided to explore the creek more today and I built a couple make shift screen boxes and we spent a few hours digging and sifting. Found a ton of quartz and some crystals but found these too. I think maybe some garnet but a few are very heavy for their size. Any ideas?

image.jpg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see garnets and maybe Zircon?

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Chk out the Audobon field guide for rocks. I use it all the time to ID my finds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mikecoy

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chk out the Audobon field guide for rocks. I use it all the time to ID my finds.

We bought a book yesterday, figured since we live in the middle of all these gem places we should, and according to it, the large piece on the left is a pink sapphire or ruby. Very heavy and scratches quartz easily. Two smaller ones in the center appear to also be ruby. I will try to photo then in sunlight today so everyone can get a better look.

Upvote 0

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought a book yesterday, figured since we live in the middle of all these gem places we should, and according to it, the large piece on the left is a pink sapphire or ruby. Very heavy and scratches quartz easily. Two smaller ones in the center appear to also be ruby. I will try to photo then in sunlight today so everyone can get a better look.

Nice! You are lucky to have this around you

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mikecoy

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am addicted to digging in this creek now.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread