Unkown bllue crystals ID help please!!

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unkown blue crystals ID help please!!

My first post so I thought I would post about this piece.
Me and a friend were in an area where we were digging up quartz crystals, some pretty good size 4-5" long. in about 4 hours we ended up with 2 5 gallon buckets full, we had to be careful because my buddy claims there are pot farms in the area so we had to be careful of where we went in the woods, because we dug these up in the woods.where they grow. ground was kinda soft and spongy, easy digging!!

When we got home and cleaned up our haul I noticed 5 or 6 rocks had this blue color to them , the other pieces were slightly bigger crystals, my buddy has them in his aquarium. they look nice! but with my eye loop these are definitely crystals, notice the red color on the one side, any help ID'ng this piece would be helpful.

This site is awesome , A lot of informative info.

DSC03360.jpg DSC03360.jpg DSC03361.jpg DSC03363.jpg

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a possible quartz vein running through sediment. Interesting

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turkish Man those crystals look like a sky blue color, mine are more a light cobalt blue, do quartz crystals come in different shades of blue? the other pieces were also a cobalt blue the same exact color. thanks but yes now I am believing that these are blue quartz. Is blue quartz more valuable than other types of quartz?

Upvote 0

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND congrats on 10 gallons of quartz crystals-that is quite a haul!

Upvote 0

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T-man,
I didn't find them. But I'd go for some pics also. I collected quartz xtals when i was young. Felt good when we could fill a cigar box. 2 5 gal buckets should get you a new detector.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Not just blue crystals.. but if the color runs deep., it could be calcite crystals.. thou if the blue is just before the crystals.. or the agate/chalcedony area.. could be blue lace or simply blue agate. But one thing is clear.. the stone structure is that of a geode which was going to collapes and somewhat did.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread