Quartz Crystals

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son was going down a faily steep hillside when a shiny glitter caught his eye. There was a crack about 1 1/2 inches wide and he saw some thing shiny. He went back to camp and got a crow bar and 4 hours later of prying the rock he came away with several nice pieces of rock with quartz crystals. The larger piece has 3 sea shells ( snails ) The smaller piece I cleaned as all pieces are a dirty grey color. On the larger piece middle right side there is one crystal that has 2 lines that are perfectly at a 90 deg angle. All crystals are as smooth as glass. An interesting find...The other side is just plain rock and one would never know the quartz was there if not for a glitter..

Quartz 1 Sized.JPG Quartz 2 Sized.JPG Quartz 3 Sized.JPG

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find - it might pay to visit that site again to make sure you got it all. I've spent weeks collecting buckets of crystals from a spot that started with a tiny
glitter showing on the surface. Those two parallel inclusions on the right are most likely black tourmaline - i think there may be more in the crystal center left.
I'd like to see a pic of large cluster after cleaning. Tell your son - "good eye"!! for me. And the fossil shells are a big bonus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread