Another find for me!!!!

kingofbane

Sep 21, 2013
Check out this piece of amathyst geode I found!!!!

image-678627943.jpg

image-4009317151.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
That is beautiful! Did you dig it? If so, what state? I have heard of amethyst being found in WA state, but most found outside of the country.

Upvote 0

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice find!

Upvote 0

adam h

Nov 12, 2013
That is cool, im on the coast and have found some cool gems too, nothing much bigger than a pea ..

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pea sizes gems can be quite big depending on the mineral... Either way, nice ammy!

Upvote 0

nomad1

Feb 17, 2013
Southaven, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked for a summer in a Colorado silver mine and we used to throw that stuff on the tailing pile. IF ONLY I HAD BEEN WISER BACK THEN.

Upvote 0

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We've got some world quality amethyst down here in AZ. I've been wanting to ask the owners if I could walk the site or tour the mine, but don't know if they'd let me. I know they've arrested trespassers but at least I'd have asked. Just kinda getting started in this hobby. Been staring at rocks for years and collected a couple, but now I've got way too much free time on my hands. Your pics are quite nice to see. Great finds.

Upvote 0

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've got some world quality amethyst down here in AZ. I've been wanting to ask the owners if I could walk the site or tour the mine, but don't know if they'd let me. I know they've arrested trespassers but at least I'd have asked. Just kinda getting started in this hobby. Been staring at rocks for years and collected a couple, but now I've got way too much free time on my hands. Your pics are quite nice to see. Great finds.

Just go and ask! Don't be shy about it and you may be surprised. You have nothing to lose, if you are refused, and everything to gain if you are allowed on the property. The simple fact that your asking shows respect to the owner.

Upvote 0

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just go and ask! Don't be shy about it and you may be surprised. You have nothing to lose, if you are refused, and everything to gain if you are allowed on the property. The simple fact that your asking shows respect to the owner.

Thx Johnny

I'm heading up tomorrow, so I'll see if I can visit the site this weekend. Give me a chance to explore some other areas detecting wise or for some other goodies.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread