mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds to me like they do make it from the materials produced when Helen blew. I think they word it so it sounds confusing on purpose. If not, & by the off chance I'm wrong (:laughing7:) well I gotta get me some. I have ash from it, & a vase made from it, & was lucky enough to fly over the area not long after it erupted. The devastation was disquieting to say the least.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds to me like they do make it from the materials produced when Helen blew. I think they word it so it sounds confusing on purpose. If not, & by the off chance I'm wrong (:laughing7:) well I gotta get me some. I have ash from it, & a vase made from it, & was lucky enough to fly over the area not long after it erupted. The devastation was disquieting to say the least.

Sounds like you seen a lot of it lol are you a geologist?

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
No I wish I was. When I went to college there was a glut of geologists, so I chose another field. Though I still love geology & if I have a vacation, it is centered around rocks & fishin.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's just glass made from the ashes of that eruption. Not even a gemstone, just glass. In this case, man made glass. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I wish I was. When I went to college there was a glut of geologists, so I chose another field. Though I still love geology & if I have a vacation, it is centered around rocks & fishin.

Lol I love rocks gold hunting fishing paleontology

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread