Dorodango.. Doro- what?

tatswell

Nov 24, 2013
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this! Shiny, hard, beautiful, balls of mud.. essentially.
If you haven't yet, try it! Then share it! Easy to make.
Has anyone ever tried one? Just wanted to share with you all. Depending on your soil, sand, etc., your um, dordango, will come come out in different colors. I wonder if you could add precious stones into the sphere?! Could be a nice gift for the holidays, particularly if you have children. Maybe they could make one for their rock-loving mom or dad. :)
Here's how to make it! If you do, share it please :)
dorodango | create

images.jpg

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I've never heard of this! I love it. We have such varied colors in the soil here. This could be fun! A reason to play in the mud?

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I've never heard of this! I love it. We have such varied colors in the soil here. This could be fun! A reason to play in the mud?

Wow. In the Gallery a number of those locations are 20-45 min from my home. Actually four out of five.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tatswell

Nov 24, 2013
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it great?! I'd love to see which colors come out from different parts of the country/ world. I'm going to start one today I think, I'll update with the progress :)

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll look forward to your progress. I've got some deep red soil from the Jemez Mountains that I will try. It's an amazing color.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread