Old find new look

aliner

Dec 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I picked this up from a guy i knew about a yr ago and when i paid for it the mineral was covered in crude oil since its release from the ground in 1964 to 1969 need help seeing the yr . DSCN3145.JPG

so i took it home and it was yellow fluorite but when i buy rocks i hold em and look at ever inch sometimes for hrs and i have a eye for detail and noticed it had blue in it so i cleaned a small cube and yes blue zoned honey yellow and even on the box that came with it said it was yellow fluorite even the miner that pulled it never knew it had blue and this thing is about the size of a baseball.

so i cleaned the whole thing i was shocked yellow blue zoned and on the under belly blue and green cubes with a small dog tooth calcite and at least 4 to 5 small pea sized white balls in almost in each cube lots of eching and something someone called a drip and one area that look like a crack but i seen it was from the eching

and what i need help with is what do you guys think its worth and what are the little balls i had a guy from the Illinois fluorite museum and he said they may be calcite balls but there more mushroom shaped i had picks of it when it had the oil but ex tossed em i will post the pics of the box and a few of the fluorite any help would be great Thank you DSCN3140.JPG DSCN2928.JPG DSCN2944.JPG DSCN2968.JPG DSCN2978.JPG DSCN3001.JPG DSCN3143.JPG DSCN2899.JPG

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I easily see on the box is 5/64. It that what your asking?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

aliner

Dec 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one of the Q the other was what do you guys think i can get out of it i bought it with my gf and i want to sell it but dont want to under sell it and i wanted to know what the little white mushroom shaped balls are

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the crude have caused a reaction to it started changing it. Don't know just a possibility.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

aliner

Dec 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if that was the case i think there would be more along the seams and there are a few ball in the middle of a few of the cubes

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
let me know how much you want for it. Can't afford much, but it is the christmas season.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you know the mine from which it was pulled, you should easily be able to compare with others from that locality on the web.

Upvote 0

taylors_fort

Dec 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spheres are barite (baryte) and the color and luster are really nice but the damage to the crystals would ruin it for most 'serious' collectors. That being said, I really like it if you are looking to sell.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread