Pulled this rock out of vein today.minerals galore.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what all this is but did a streak test and got silver shiny streak.Thought I might get some ideas from you guys and gals. Thanks. Maybe blood specks new rock 001.JPG Only had the one picture.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...that quartz and mica can sure look like the mother lode. It does look spectacular.
Jim

Upvote 0

JLeonhardy

Nov 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the places I've dug, that's been a good sign of crystals ahead, s'pecially if it pockets deeper down (or further up in some case -- but be careful dign'n over head height in a hole)!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim, JLEON, Maxpower for your answer as at first I thought it might be Mica but after much research I am not sure it is as Mica tears off in sheets and this wont. And Mica has a white streak and this has a silver shiny streak. I can't say positive it is not Mica but those things don't line up and its probably not anything of value anyway and every rock I pull out of this hole has this silver looking stuff and sometimes half of it is gold looking stuff on the rocks. Whatever it is i defently hit a mother lode of it.thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey freeman, i see you found another goody, i dont see mica, silvery,shiny streak, antimony maybe ,.i only know of two with silver streaks, AG, antimony.very ,very cool,freeman.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Loco for the input. 8 out of every 10 rocks I get out of this hole that is about 20 feet straight down in the ground is covered in this stuff. Guess I will have to send a few pieces to you or Dustedyou and see if I can find out for sure what this stuff is. Have silver color and gold color mixed on some rocks. Crazy stuff. Busted one big rock yesterday and it looks crystalline inside and outside and no silver but it had gold looking stuff all through it and looked different than the other rocks and all the rock felt gritty to the touch so I did not wash it like I do most of them.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you dont mind me asking,is this the same locale as your previous finds?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you dont mind me asking,is this the same locale as your previous finds?

Loco, the first quartz we were digging about 4 months ago was in the same area but we only got mostly clear quartz from it and there wasn't any thing in that vein like mica or nothing shiny except clear quartz and some of them were big. This place we are digging now is the mineral area I posted awhile back with all the mineral colors in the wall. This wall is probably about 200 feet from one end to the other end and anywhere we stick a screwdriver in the wall and find a rock it has either this silver stuff on it or the same looking stuff on it except it is yellow and not silver color. One thing I cant understand is I sent about 3 rocks to a assay company and they sent my rocks back to me and said there was no precious metal in them so I got back in touch with them and ask them what was the gold colored stuff on them was and they said they didn't know what it was. So if they don't know who does. Need somebody to do a fire assay to find out I guess. This wall is about 500 yards west of the first vein we were digging and the same bank extends from one to the other. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread