curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in on the property and am wondering what it's called? Thanks.... RSCN3806.JPG RSCN3817.JPG

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another little agate. Those little agates you have posted are pretty cool!! I'm sure you must know, agates come in pretty much all colors.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Yes knew that agate comes in many colors but not opaque like that, all the ones I see around here are like the other ones I posted, more translucent.....hey...does it mean that my "green taco" rock is "green agate"? It kind of looks like this red one in a way...... RSCN2341.JPG RSCN2342.JPG RSCN2374.JPG

Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crystals on the end look kind of odd for an agate, but the translucent green skin sure does. And the red on the first one doesn't look truly opaque either, it looks like it too has some translucence. Do you find any larger agates around your place?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that green one is odd for sure, only one like it I've ever found and there's lot's of agate here. Found one over 3 inches, my best agate find so far and it's pure agate no rock attached... FSCN2107.JPG

Upvote 0

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amythist has that green polished look on the outside... these are geodes except for the last specimen. The last one, was not able to crystalize in the same way the first two did. The last one cooled very fast .

Upvote 0

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you live in a very nice place. the last stone looks like a fireagate without the cap. do you live in the southern part of the state ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, travelerga....we like it here & yup...in the southern part...and that is fire agate :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread