Petrified Wood and or Dinasaur poop Bones

TnTom

Dec 27, 2013
Woodbury Tn
Detector(s) used
don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the what looks like Dinosaur poop or geodes Im not sure which. I was wading a creek fishing for small mouth bass and would release the bass and take home another stone never sure just what they might be and the creek in my back yard always turns up an interesting stone or two I found what looks like bones or wood not sure which. Assorted Pickin.JPG creek and stone steps.JPG Geodes or Dinasour Poop.JPG Geodes or not.JPG open geode 2.JPG open Geode.JPG Quartz Bowl 1.JPG Petrified Wood 1.JPG Petrified 3.JPG Petrified 2.JPG

Maybe someone will recognize these mysterious items they come from the middle Tennesssee area just west of McMinnville and around Woodbury

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top pictures look alot like geodes,or thundereggs. Break one open with a hammer and lind a prize inside.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most of it looks like quartsite ,a morphed sandstone, those last three are very interesting, they do look like they could be bone ,no dino poop tho!those last three may also be coral , porus as they are, but ive seen bone look like this as well.

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Can you scratch them with a knife?
The round ones look like flint nodules.
Can't see enough of the others for a good ID.

Upvote 0

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The square-ish hole reminds me of the thunder eggs we found out west, yours looks worn by being in the stream. If you carefully whack one open along a crack, you may get a fresher specimen with either crystals or chalcedony inside. They also may be solid. Do a Google image search of thunder eggs to see what I mean.

After zooming in on your pix, I'm going to go with coral for the bottom 3.

what neat finds!! Please post again if you do decide to crack some open, we'd like to see them.

Tigger

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions