lets see what you guys would call this stuff.

wilfndgold

Aug 29, 2013
perris, ca
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like its red on the inside.............. Anyone? P2152119.JPG P2152122.JPG P2152123.JPG :dontknow:

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I am somewhat red/green blind. Is there enough red for garnet? it just looks kinda brown to me.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ditto to garnets. Blue garnets do exist, by the way, but are very rare colour changers.

Upvote 0

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like globular garnet.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the correct term is impure (imperfect) Grossular Garnet which is a Calcium-Aluminum mineral species of Garnet but in this case, where the Cacium was partialy replaced by Ferrous Iron and the Aluminum partially replaced by Ferric Iron. Yeah, I had to look some of the information up! However, I have dug many specimens of Grossular Garnet over the years, mainly outside of Burnsville, North Carolina but also in some other areas of North Carolina and a few in Tennessee. I still have some that I have dug and one is a perfect Dodecahedron crystal about the size of a Golf ball but it is butt ugly due to the Iron composition it is partialy made up of.

Frank

Upvote 0

G.O.Eye

Feb 1, 2014
far south nevada
Detector(s) used
Elite 2200 Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, that bad boy looks like red andradite garnet crystals and calcite crystals on matrix, interesting, this is a nice matrix, I'm dead sure those are red andradite garnet crystals, this should kill the mystery.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread