Rarest Quartz

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good question. Quartz as a mineral species in general is common.

I suppose your referring to different colours of quartz, like citrine, amethyst etc?
If so I'd GUESS Prasiolite, green quartz is one of the most rare. Citrine is quite rare to find, also.

Pink quartz (don't confuse with Rose quartz!) is another quite rare variant.

Upvote 0

JLeonhardy

Nov 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Among the rarest would be a single form, true rose quartz crystal. I think there are only a few in the world, and they tend to be on the small size. Even the small clusters that are out there are only found in a couple a three places in the world.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rose Quartz seems to be unanimous, and green also.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to go and check them out.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Among the rarest would be a single form, true rose quartz crystal. I think there are only a few in the world, and they tend to be on the small size. Even the small clusters that are out there are only found in a couple a three places in the world.

In later years this has become known as "pink quartz" and is often considered a independent variant. Rose quartz does not occur in crystals. :)
The Quartz Page: Pink Quartz

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eu_citizen I'm also glad you called it "pink Quartz". As soon as I heard rose quartz, red popped into my head. When I saw the Google Images...lol...I remembered roses come in different colors. Purple quartz, I think he called it "amethyst" was up there on the rare scale. It was clear, purple, pink, green and milky. But I thought milky white was common, I don't know, but I wondered.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread