Rock ID

dannie2211

Jul 1, 2014
Ridgefield, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I have been picking up rocks that I think are beautiful for a long time now and have no idea what they are, if someone could help me out that would be great!
Danielle
The two that are by themselves are just a close up of the two that are in the other pic! Also if it helps these have all been found in SW WA.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 70

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your starting a nice collection there ;)

From a distance the two bits with the crystalline vugs appear to be quartz. A closer picture of each will help as the dark grey one reminds me of volcanic pegmatite and my actually be zeolite crystals. The red one strikes me as possible jasper.
Your photo with the rocks on the hood of a car look to me, from right to left : Milky quartz, Chalcedony and banded chalcedony *agate*, two bits of milky quartz with rock crystal quartz, another milky quartz and the last two river rounded rock crystal~ possibly smoky quartz though I'd scratch test them as they could be rounded topaz. Closer pictures would help there too.
The white rocks on the post I really cant tell but appear to be chalcedony as well for the most part.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread